Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tagalongs, My Favorites!

There is a discrepancy between the Girl Scout cookie sales reports and the online voting at GirlScoutCookies.org as to whether Thin Mints or Samoas (aka Caramel deLites) are America's favorite cookie.  Regardless of which you trust, Tagalongs (aka Peanut Butter Patties) come in a solid 3rd place.  Since these are my personal favorites, I am a little shocked, but that's fine, it means less competition for me!


Follow these links to see recipes for:


Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfait (which reads like a rather challenging recipe) or Southern Peanut Butter Pie (I am imagining it melt in my mouth right now), both found on the web site for the GS Council of Western Washington.

I found several recipes for basic milkshakes incorporating crushed Tagalongs, but this one which is a banana-vanilla tagalong shake is intriguing: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1713157


And, even though these sound really, really good, it goes against my grain to chop up these cookies in anything other than my very own mouth.  I love them almost frozen, or completely melting in my hands!  I simply love these.  The only problem, I open a box and those darn cookies run and jump into my mouth and next thing you know they are on my hips!  To me, another hour on the bike at the gym seems worth it to enjoy these wonderful treats!

Have you ordered your Samoas, Thin Mints or Tagalongs yet? Place your order early!!  In Loudoun and the Dulles area, please contact me for details.  Elsewhere, please find a cookie sales-scout near you at http://www.girlscoutcookies.org/.


***
Stay tuned for more information about LIVING IN LOUDOUN COUNTY.


For information on our local real estate market, please tap into the resources at http://www.therealestatewhisperer.blogspot.com/

To search for homes for sale, check out the HOME SEARCH option at


Curious what the value of your home is?








Web Analytics

No comments:

Post a Comment